Sunday, April 26, 2015

People enjoyed "group sounds & folk" and original songs sung by 'The Human Jukebox' ! (2)

  In the first concert, he sang “Swan no Namida”(Tears of a swan)by Ox, “Sukisa Sukisa Sukisa”(I love you, I love you, I love you) by The Carnabeats, “Ban Ban Ban” by The Spiders, “Kimi Dake ni Ai o” (Love only for you) , “Seaside Bound” by The Tigers, “Okuru Kotoba”(sending you on your way) by Kaientai and other songs by popular Japanese bands from the 60s and 70s.

  In Japan, “Group Sounds” or bands won popularity most in the late 60s.

  Dr.Handa said, “I sang some group sounds and realized that they still sound wonderful today. Therefore I picked some good songs.”



(source: THE JAPAN TIMES, Apr.20, 2015)
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/2015/04/17/special-supplements/concerts-revive-old-favorites-showcase-original-tunes/#.VTiDJP0cTIW

No comments:

Post a Comment