Sunday, December 30, 2018

Katherine Jenkin attended the event ! ---Tokyo Art Foundation's Christmas Events (2)


  On the same day, Katherine Jenkins, a Welsh mezzo-soprano singer and songwriter, attended the event and spoke with reporters.



  She said, “I’m thirilled to be back here in Japan. I love people, culture and heritage you have here, history. I enjoy very much the cuisine. I also especially love the love of music. I think people here really appreciate classical music, orchestra and good performance.”



  The first time Jenkins met Dr.Handa was after he invited her and other famous singers to perform at one of his concerts in Tokyo a few years ago.



   She added, “I don’t think you really appreciate his big heart and personality until you meet him(Dr.Handa). I think he is wonderful and obviously incredibly talented. He is passionate about everything he does.”



  She has also been involved with charitable activities. Her charities include work that supports cancer patients and Tusk, which works to protect endangered animals. Tusk is also one of the charity organizations supported by the International Sports Promotion Society that Dr.Handa chairs.



  When asked if there is any possibility of working with Dr.Handa in philanthropy, she said, “That’s a great idea. I believe when you do charity, you should choose things that are very close to your heart. I think it requires Dr.Handa and I sit down and have a conversation.”





Mezzo-soprano singer and songwriter Katherine Jenkins talks with 
Tokyo Art Foundation Chairman Dr.Haruhisa Handa 
after singing together at The Westin Tokyo 
on Dec. 19.


TAF




(source: THE JAPAN TIMES, December 29, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment